Monday, November 21, 2016

COMMENTS - NOVEMBER 2016

COMMENTS

Ronald Warren has left a new comment on your post "South Broad Street Stores":

Directly across from the Court House on S. Warren Street was the Dinette Center owned by my uncle George Warren and his wife Josephine. It was a popular meeting place for many years. Next to the RKO Capitol was Larry's Men’s Shop run by Babe Lipman. My father (Dave) worked there part time as a second job. I remember going up on the second floor where through an opening in the wall you could watch whatever movie was playing.


Len Miller

Nov 2 (5 days ago)
Your listing of Broad Street businesses was very interesting. Your listing of "St. George" is not correct. The name was George's. It was owned by Nathan Lavinson and named for his first son. It was eventually run by George and his brothers, Herman and Harold. 



Nov 3 (4 days ago)
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

Hi Arthur,
You asked to identify some people, and I think I know two. In the first picture, the group picture, I think the man with the hands on his shoulders on the right side of the picture is either Rabbi Haberman or Cantor Glatzer. The older man in the middle on the same row, I think worked with my mother at the Red Cross on West State St, but I can't remember his name off the top of my head. I'm sure I have his name on a picture somewhere. Hope it helped. When I find the picture I will let you know if it is him.
Miriam Bebitch



No comments:

Post a Comment