Sunday, August 20, 2017

Geni.com

The Jewish community in Trenton, NJ in the early decades of the 20th Century, was a small tight-knit community with several thriving synagogues and seemingly lots of intra-Trenton Jewish marriages.

In my wife's case (Barbara Melmed nee Goldstein), I see many Trenton-based surnames appearing over and over (Kohn, Goldstein, Azarchi, Cohen, Sutnick, Urken, Lefkowitz, Troll, Koslow, Habas, Siegel. and Litowitz, to name a few).

It is my contention, that we can put together a unified Trenton-Jewish family Tree that will encompass perhaps 90% of the Trenton Jewish Community of the 1900-1940's.

I would like to use this project to facilitate the building of that tree in Geni.com.

- Mark H. Melmed, 23 November 2011

1 comment:

  1. There are a number of Jewish names
    in Trenton in the 40s that you make no
    mention of - Meltzer, Schiffman, Rabstein, Seavey
    I will think of more next time -

    ReplyDelete