Friday, April 7, 2023

Comments Mar 2023

 

Trenton Jewish Historical Society

Edit

Trenton Jewish Historical Society

Invite

From notifications

 

Arthur Finkle

Admin

  · March 5 at 10:13 AM  · 

See Van Sciver Building, etc






 

 

Vicki DaBronzo

When I was five years old I lived around the corner from here on Cooper St. During the middle 40s. The theater was still open at the time.

 

Malcolm R Casway

We lived on 157 south broad across the street from the van schiver bldg.

 

Sherry Spiezle

I worked on some IT projects for NJ Div. of

Taxation when they moved into the Van Sciver building in the 1980's. Is Taxation still there?

 

Vicki DaBronzo

When I was five years old I lived around the corner from here on Cooper St. During the middle 40s. The theater was still open at the time.

Jewish Federation, Trenton 1964

 

45Vicki DaBronzo, Bernice Siskowitz Abramovich and 43 others

 

Kevin Thurm

Miriam Feinberg VamoshPaul Feinberg

Carol Charlton

Steven Sacks-Wilner

That is my father receiving the gavel together with a fine group of community minded gentlemen.

Richard Ross

Steven Sacks-Wilner Your dad drive carpool to PCD, much of it on the shoulder of Route 1

Steven Sacks-Wilner

Richard Ross That's my Dad. He thought and acted outside the Box before "outside the Box" became inside the Box

  

Lisa Warren

February 5 at 1:11 PM

 

Richard Ross my handsome community minded father!! 

Sandi Levy Goldberg

  · 

This school started on Market Street, known as Talmud Torah. Then Dr. Herzl Zion Hebrew School occupied the building around the 1940's. I still have this booklet they gave to the students. Do you remember them moving to West State Street?










 

 

All reactions:

26Linda Warren, Vicki DaBronzo and 24 others

28 comments

2 shares

 

Malcolm R Casway

I remember that was my first school.

Mr. Dardic was my teacher. I won the award at graduation ner taumid.

 

Debbie Hafetz Babashak

I went to Dr hertzel Zion Hebrew school from about 1950 to 56.

Top of Form

 

22Jonathan Weber, Vicki DaBronzo and 20 others

5 comments

 

Beverly Melman Weinstein

Loved reading this. Is there more to this article on the other Jews in Trenton that you could share?

 

Joan Stark Foster

Very interesting. Love reading about our past in Trenton

Karolyn Diamond-Jones

This is really neat. My great grandfather was Louis Cohen and my grandfather and father were both from Trenton. How can I learn more about this Louis Cohen mentioned in the article above?

Howard Robinson

Thank you for this wonderful article. I am a descendent of Moses Robinson, the grandfather of my grandfather Meyer Robinson. 

Port Trenton, 1930

 

28Abby Isenberg Sorrell, Jonathan Weber and 26 others

3 comments

3 comments

·        

 

Sherri Twer

Hmmm. Interesting!

Mengyao Monika Li

This is the second time you have appeared in my friends' recommendations directory. I read your post and found it interesting, I tried to add you as a Facebook friend but 3d

Paul Feinberg

Once again Art- you have nurtured my nostalgia, though this Port Trenton photo is before my time; your last posting of the Federation lay leadership, and Executive Director, Milton A Feinberg




Every Saturday...

  • Jeff Glazer

I saw "Bridge on the River Kwai" there (for $.25) and came home with a 103 fever.

o     

  • Harriet Meador

25 cent Saturday matinee! Saw Old Yeller there.

  • Nancy Teich Frost

I saw “the birds” there!

  • Sandra Levine

Many happy hours spent there.

  • Jeff Doranz

Saturday matinees --- double feature plus cartoons and even an adventure serial, like

"Don Winslow of the Coast Guard" or "Bulldog Drummond."

  • Gail Farber Holling

We went there-

  • Marcia Brooks

I loved going to movies in town with friends and family. Nice remembrance

  • Shirley Nabutovsky

Went thy almost every weekend



State Fairgrounds

 



All reactions:

27Murray Gendzel, Jeff Doranz and 25 others

5 comments

2 shares

Beverly Melman Weinstein

I loved going there as a kid.

Lynne Coane Brofman

My father’s veterinary practice was next to the fairgrounds. He operated on a lion’s tail.

I loved going to that fair every year.

 

Charles Lavine

Lynne Coane Brofman Yes, they were right in front of it!!!! The original building.

 

Sherry Spiezle

My first date (in 1956) with my husband-to-be was going to the Trenton State Fair.

 

Jeff Doranz

And a day off from Trenton schools (back in the day)!


 

Top of Form

 

 

Write a public comment…

·          

·          

·          

·          

·          

Bottom of Form

 

Arthur Finkle

Admin

  ·   · 

Original Calhoun Street Bridge

 

View insights

275 post reach

 

All reactions:

25George Emshwiller, Micki Kind and 23 others

1 comment

1 share

Like

Comment

Share

 

Benjamin Racusin

South Trenton today next to Rail Road Bridge

·   Like

·   Reply

·   Share

·   1w

Top of Form

 

Write a public comment…

·          

·          

·          

·          

·          

Bottom of Form

 

Arthur Finkle

Admin

  ·   · 

Let's welcome our new members:
Anthony Sebasto

View insights

124 post reach

 

Thank you for accepting me into this group. It was suggested to me because of a possible Vegotsky connection to my Pitkowsky family.

I just saw a picture through Jewishgen of Dora Pitkowsky Vedosky, having been from Ruzhany.

My great grandfather was Moses Pitkowsky, son of Akiva. They were from Ruzhany. Akiva was born in 1850's. We are also connected to Pitkowsky from Byten. Does anyone have any information about the family of Dora who married Into the Vegotsky family?

All reactions:

1Merle Vegotsky Freed

For additional help with your research, join the Jewish Genealogy Portal on Facebook. Nearly 30,000 members from around the world. I am an admin of the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JewishGenealogyPortal/

No comments:

Post a Comment